Saturday, February 18, 2012

Purple Surprise!

One of my bestie crafting buddies came over and we spent a day making these boxes, amoung other things. I made one that I used as a gift box for a pin. These are often used for photos,





We used wooden balls, purchased from Michael's and painted them. We used tham as feet and also as a knob for the lid.







You could place a small gift or gift card inside. You can also add pictures.





You can add pictures to both sides of the petals. This is cute and not to challending but the cutting takes time.





I have also seen this box done with the inner box off kilter and instead of pictures embelishing each side of the petals. If using embelishments you could use it as a keepsake or memory box. I will try that next time. It is a favorit of mine, but I save them for someone special. Try it out and see what you can come up with. If you need the measurements let me know, it may take me a little while but I will get them for you.






Scrappingly yours,






Gigi








7 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. The vibrant color makes it a very eye catching piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that is very creative! whoever gets this will be so happy. great job! visit me to at www.ksimonedesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful explosion box, purple is one of my favorite colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jetti, your box is beautiful. I have a box I need to post. Keep an eye out for it.

    ReplyDelete